Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The downward slide

Diane,
I'm halfway through! The rollercoaster has reached it's peak and now I am on the hard and fast slide towards my date with the bar exam. Last week, I realized exactly what I had in front of me, and just like that rollercoaster peak, the view is mighty fightening. This semester I'm enrolled in 4 courses, totalling 13 credit hours, plus my responsibilities to Phi Alpha Delta, the Federalist Society, and Student Bar Association, and to top it all off, I've joined the Energy Law Journal.
As I write this, I'm sitting in the ELJ office, doing my first subciting assignment for the journal. It basically consists of me looking over an article written by someone who is so further along in the legal profession that they've forgotten the basics. It is my job to go through this and look for errors in their citing and quoting and make sure everything is accurate. I'm beginning to figure out that either I don't know what I'm doing, or the guy who wrote it is waaaaaay off. 33 cites to check between now and friday morning, plus my reading, plus thinking about my topic for my 40 page paper that I owe the journal, plus attempting to be a good friend, boyfriend, son, citizen, and superhero under the alias of the Dark Baron(Patent Pending). It's going to be a long couple of months.

No comments: