Sunday, August 17, 2008

First Impressions

Dear Diane,
I arrived in Tulsa yesterday around 11:30 AM. As I drove down I-44, I had to smile; Oklahoma looks so much like Manitoba. It was incredible, actually. 1,100 miles from home and I felt like I was driving between Winnipeg and Brandon.
Campus is nice, but the residence apartments are so much better than I expected. I'm living in a 2 bedroom with a 2nd year law student that won't be here until next week, so I have the place to myself for a while. I'm on the 3rd floor with a balcony overlooking the pool. Niiice.
Once I got settled in, I headed down to McNellies Pub for a few drinks with the incoming law class. The place boasts the largest Beer list in Tulsa at over 300 varieties, so imagine my surprise when I couldn't get a Keith's. Go figure.
Met some great people and made a few new friends. The night ended at a place called 'The Grey Snail', which was pretty packed. I can see myself going back to both places.
No great stories yet, but when it happens(and you know it will), you'll hear about it.

No comments: