Friday, September 12, 2008

Blue with Envy

Mrs. C,
As you know, I love working on campaigns, and I plan to do a little work down here on the Presidential race for McCain, but I miss the Canadian Political scene too. I was on the phone with a good friend of mine this afternoon when I got some news that made me really wish I was at home. Thomas Steen, Winnipeg Jet legend and fine, upstanding Winnipegger, has decided to run for the Conservatives in Elmwood-Transcona. I know, that's old news, but the people working on his campaign is news to me. My friend Jeff will be running things as the campaign manager; He's a very capable campaigner and has helped get many people elected, including himself. But the cool thing is the people that they have lined up to be co-chairs of the campaign; Winnipeg Jets legends and NHL Hall of Famers Dale Hawerchuk and Bobby Hull! If I was home right now, I'd be spending every spare moment in Transcona trying to get Thomas Steen elected...and trying to get war stories out of three of the best to ever step over the boards at Winnipeg Arena. I'm actually a little bummed out that I won't be around for it, but I'm happy for all my buddies who will get an opportunity to help Steen take his place in Parliament.

No comments: