Sunday, October 12, 2008

Down the rabbit hole

Dear Diane,
Since I got here, I've started to try things that we don't have in Canada. Today it was the devil's pastry: The hot pocket.
I'm sure you've heard the Jim Gaffigan standup about them, and it's spot on. The Hot Pocket has a flaky crust that gets soggy in the microwave. It has a cardboard sleeve that doesn't seem to do anything. The taste is...meh. I have 3 more left in the freezer, so maybe they'll grow on me, but as of right now, they won't be on my next shopping list.
But it's been 10 minutes since I ate it, so I'm taking the fact that I have yet to go blind as a good sign. I'll let you know if I last though the night.

Update: I woke up this morning! I didn't break out into a cold sweat, there's no hair on the palms of my hands and I'm not craving human flesh. I think I'm going to be okay.

No comments: