Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Busting with Pride

Diane,
Today my sister Jenna graduates from her Master's program in Occupational Therapy; She's set to get an award called "Future Leader in Occupational Therapy" and I couldn't be prouder.
All her life Jenna has had this incredible work ethic that has lifted her to where she is now. She's always had the ability to prioritize and keep focused on what she's wanting to accomplish for herself. It's something that I'm trying to do in law school right now. My version of "WWJD?" is "What would Jenna Do?". Whether I'm succeeding right now is up for debate.
There's no questioning that it is outstanding what Jenna has been able to accomplish and how the amazing things that are ahead of her. I can't wait to see what she's able to do in her professional career knowing what she was like as a student. It used to drive me nuts when I was little, watching Jenna get so nervous and uptight about every grade. I was always much more laid back and willing to accept mediocre grades, but Jenna worked for absolutely every mark she ever got. I'm not saying that she wasn't smart, because my sister is probably the most brilliant person I know, but she's always worked as close to her potential as anyone. She's been graced with God given talents that she refuses to waste by taking thing easy. It's exhausting to watch sometimes as someone who loves her and wishes she wouldn't walk the thin line between driven and nervous breakdown so often, but it's easy to root for and it feels so good when she succeeds, which is almost every time.
I'm missing her graduation today because I'm 1,100 miles away at school. You have no idea how much I wish I was there cheering her on, because it's the very least she deserves. She's always made me proud to be her brother and it's days like today that I wish I could be there to support her and show her how much she means to me and how great it is to have someone like her in my life.
Jenna Lee Catherine Faurschou, today is your day. You've lead the OT program over the past 2 years, and just like that award says, you'll lead the entire profession soon. I love you, I'm proud of you and I can't wait to see you at Christmas.

1 comment:

JennaLee said...

I am who I am because I'm your sister. I couldn't be prouder to know that you are accomplishing something that has been a passion of yours for many years. We all knew that you had it in you, even if you didn't know yourself. Aaron, I knew you were there with me in thought the entire time and I dedicate my award to you, because you are a leader in my life. You have always taught me how to stand on my own two feet, pedal those two pedals, and talk for myself. Even when I couldn't, you were there to pick me up when I fell (scraped, bruised, and crying). Well I can tell you I didn't fall today, I leaped with confidence, just as you have been teaching me to do since we were very small. You have always encouraged me to be that leader, to stand tall, and I cannot express how much that means to me. I miss you bro and I cannot wait to give you big hugs upon your safe return home! Love you!