Friday, October 10, 2008

The Velvet Doves

Diane,
At the beginning of the year I joined a flag football team. It's an all first year(1L) law school team that we named after the defendant (Velvet Dove) in the first case we read for law school. Everybody on the team is good friends, but the problem is, we're not overly athletic.
First game of they year, we didn't practice, then went out and got demolished 49-0. The next week, we ran a few plays and did a few drills, but still got crushed 37-0. Better, but definitely not good enough. Last night was our third kick at the can. We played hard on D and shut them out in the 2nd half, but we did nothing on offense and lost 20-0. We can take some good things away from it, but we're 3 weeks into a 5 week season and we have yet to score a single point. I'm actually starting to have flashbacks to my days in the Outfield as a 9 year old baseball player, throwing rocks in the air and catching them in my glove. I like sports, but at some point I'd like to have that trophy, not add to my pile of purple participation ribbons. Next week, the Velvet Doves will fly.
Team VD, on Three...1,2,3...CATCH IT!

No comments: