Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Buh-Bye, Beard

Dear Diane,
I'm sorry I have to write this, but today I overgroomed and took a chunk out of my finals beard. I had to shave the whole thing because of it.
I started the beard as a laugh at the beginning of last month after I won the Student Bar Association election and became a class delegate for next year. I ran a campaign with posters featuring pictures of friends of mine that were also running that had beards, with a bigger picture of me under it and the tagline "Aaron Faurschou: The Candidate with nothing to hide". I won by a big margin and thought it would be funny if I started growing a beard the next day, a flip-flopping politician who turns against the anti-beard electorate for his own purposes.
It was funny for a week, but after a while I started to like the look. I looked a little older, the women flocked; it was great.
I had a plan to come home, let everyone see me with facial hair, which has never happened, shave it into the moustache to get a picture with my dad AND THEN SHAVE. Now I have to start from scratch.
I can't even look in the mirror right now. I look like an awkward 17 year old boy...rather than the awkward 26 year old by that I am. Disappointed, but it's time to move on.

No comments: