Thursday, May 14, 2009

Back in Manitoba

Dear Diane,
Why didn't you warn me about this? I'm back in Manitoba shivering under a blanket in this weather; Minus 1 C (30 F) and SNOW ON THE GROUND!! It is the middle of May! This is supposed to be the first weekend of lake weather and it's looking like we'll be lucky to see green grass.
All year I got ribbed for being Canadian. Everytime a new person would find out where I was from, I'd get all the stereotypical jokes over again; Does everyone play hockey? Do you say 'aboot' and 'eh'? Do you live in igloos year 'round? I'd laugh and roll my eyes, but I'd really like to thank mother nature for proving every one of my misinformed american friends right: Canada is a winter wasteland!
Guess it's time to suck it up and look on the bright side; It can't get much worse...can it?

No comments: