Saturday, May 9, 2009

Done!!

Diane,
Year one has come to an end. The property exam yesterday was the toughest exam I have ever taken. Just thinking about it makes me cringe. Marks come out on June 1st, so we'll see how I did then.
I'm leaving Tulsa for the summer either tomorrow or Monday. Probably tomorrow. I'll stop into Des Moines on the way back to visit my Iowa family and friends and be back in Canada for the summer on Tuesday or Wednesday.
The first year of law school has been one of the toughest, but best years of my life. The education I've recieved is top notch and the professors(for the most part) have been great. But the biggest thing I'll take away from this is the friendships.
I assumed that my time in Tulsa was going to be short; One and done and off to a different school. Apparently, most of my fellow students felt the same way. But there's something about this place - the school, the people, the moment - it just feels right and like something special is taking place right in front of our eyes.
This place has changed me for the better. I believe in myself more, I'm more capable of putting myself out there and trusting my abilities. I still spend money like a drunken sailor, but I'm working on that part too.
Next year I'll be coming back to the school as a 2L Delegate, treasurer of the Phi Alpha Delta fraternity, and one of the leaders in a number of other organizations. The second year will be rougher than the first, but I think I'm turning a corner with my study habits and I'm better prepared than ever to deal with it.
Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of days. It will be great to be home, even if it's just for a few months.

No comments: