Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy American Thanksgiving!

Diane,
This is the first year I will be celebrating a real American Thanksgiving. Last year I spent the break at my apartment, just hanging out and reading for finals. This year, I made the trip to Long View, Texas, to meet my new girlfriend's family. Scary? Surprisingly not. Her mother, step father, and brother have been great since we got here yesterday and I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the family this morning when we travel to Tenaha, Texas for the big family dinner. Hope I make a good impression!
Right now I'm sitting in front of the TV with my laptop, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. What I'm really excited for is the Turkey, Stuffing, Pumpkin pie, and the 3 NFL Games on TV today. Should be great.
But I want to let you know how thankful I am for you and all my family and friends back home. I have a mother and a father that believe in me and support me fully in what I'm doing here in the United States. I have two incredible sisters that I'm incredibly proud of. My friends keep me humble and laughing every day. I have my health, my well being, and my sanity because of the tremendous support system I've been blessed with. Everyday I thank God for the gifts that he has given me and I try my best to not take this for granted.
So pass along my best to all back home on this run-of-the-mill Thursday; I love and miss you all. I'll see you in 4 weeks!

No comments: