Saturday, December 12, 2009

End of the semester

Diane,
Few short hits:
-3 exams down, 2 to go. The big ones are out of the way, and now I've got 4 days to study for my last 2.
-Flying home for the holidays on Friday. Jenna is picking me up at the airport in Grand Forks. Cheaper that way.
- Watching 'It's a wonderful life' on TV. I think this might be my all-time favorite movie. George Bailey is the character that I aspire to be. He's got the ability to make the tough choices that I haven't had to make yet. Thinks about others more than himself, no matter how much he complains about what it costs him. And at the end of the day, the respect that he earns from those around him is exactly what I want. "No man is a failure who has friends" is the inscription left by Clarence the Angel in the book he leaves for George. It's one of the quotes that's always stuck with me.

I'm looking forward to being home for the holidays. It'll be great to see you and everyone else.

No comments: