Saturday, December 5, 2009

The pressure's on

Diane,
I just heard from my mother that my cousin Alyson is getting married. I'm really happy for her and I can't wait to meet the guy, but the ego-centric question I ask myself is: What does this mean for me?
Alyson is the only cousin on my mother's side that is older than I am. In our family, it's very close in ages, with all 9 cousins ranging from Alyson(28) to Katelyn(21). With Alyson now getting married in the Spring, Barrett(turning 27) getting married in the summer, Kristen(26) already married, Jenna(25) being practically engaged, and Jordan(turning 25) and Brett(23) seemingly headed for the alter, it leaves me as the odd man out.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with where I am right now. I have a great new relationship and Holly is amazing. But I'm nowhere near ready to settle down yet. I think I'm bound to be the non-married one for a while.
Let the badgering begin!

No comments: