Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back in Tulsa: 2L Time

Mrs. C,
I got back to Tulsa a couple of weeks ago. I came back a week early in order to get things ready with some of my responsibilities (Student Bar Association, Phi Alpha Delta, Bar prep work, job interviews). Some have been going better than others.
When I got back, the first thing I did was buy a bed. I spent all last year on the fold out cot that I brought with me from Canada. It was murder on my back. Found a decent bed and I've been getting decent sleep this year. That is, when it isn't 90 degrees at night.
My classes are tough. This year I'm taking Administrative Law, Evidence, Constitutional Law II, Civil Procedure II, and Professional Responsibility. I'm up at the law school from 7:30-6 on Mondays and Wednesdays. Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm done with classes at 12:15, but I still have all that reading to get through. It's going to be a long semester.
Most of the same cast of characters is back this year, with a few notable exceptions. A couple of good friends either transferred, or realized law wasn't for them. Happy for them, but it's a little more lonely here in Tulsa.
Not much to report as way of stories or interesting events. I'll have to save those for later.

No comments: